Saturday, February 27, 2010

Homemade

The picture looked great. The loaves were golden brown and perfectly shaped. It seemed like the perfect cure for boredom this Saturday afternoon. So I started to heat the water. Then I added yeast and a myriad of other ingredients to complete the dough. Once I had my dough ready I kneaded it and then left it to rise.
That was the beginning of the end. Over the next two hours my hopes to make Wholesome Wheat Bread came to an end. ...I would post a picture of my humble attempt, but both of my loaves ended up taking a vacation to our garbage can. Thankfully enough, I'm not the one responsible for our design...

Psalm 139:13
For you created my inmost being,
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
God created all of us, and he spent time on each of us. He handcrafted every part of us, and we are the crowning achievement of His creation. He didn't make mistakes. I'm sure if He made Wholesome Wheat Bread, He could do it without the recipe because that is just how experienced and awesome He is. I told all of you my baking story because it showed me just how impossible it would be for me to create like God does .It's cool to know that Perfection designed all of us, and we are all, in a word, homemade.

1 comment: